2010/08/22

One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment

During the present economic recession I have been looking for ways to stretch a buck. I was running out of Moroccan Oil and needed to find a cheaper replacement when I ran across a trial size version of "One and Only" Argan Oil at Sally Beauty Supply. I usually never like the cheaper version of anything better than the original, but this is definitely the one exception to that rule. I actually like this stuff BETTER than Moroccan Oil and that stuff costs 3 times what this does! I don't know what all the complaints are about with the silicone - Moroccan oil has dimethicone on its ingredient list too, although it's not first on the list as it is in this product (OK, it's second on the list). Am I going to split hairs over that? LOL (pun intended). Otherwise the ingredient list is almost identical to Moroccan Oil (and yes, contrary to what some others have said, this does have Argan Oil in it, six ingredients down the list, just the same as Moroccan Oil). The one major ingredient this does not have that Moroccan Oil has is linseed oil, but so what? I am actually happier without it. And really all I care about are results. My hair is much smoother and easier to manage with this stuff than with Moroccan Oil! And the more I use it the better the condition of my hair and less frizz too! I can hardly believe it! I can't justify the much higher cost of Moroccan Oil just because it is the brand that salons recommend and websites claim is very healthy for the hair, dimethicone and all. I am much happier with this product anyway and you can't argue with the much cheaper price. I don't think I need to hold out for pure argan oil, either. If the professionals like Moroccan Oil and this stuff is basically similar to that minus the linseed oil and with a slightly different order of dimethicone versus cyclopentasiloxane (dimethicone is first on the ingredient list in One and Only and second under cyclopentasiloxane in Moroccan Oil) I don't see why this wouldn't be a suitable substitute. I'm just happy I found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment